Approx. Rs 55 / KgGet Latest Price
|Packaging Type||HDPE Bag|
|Packaging Size||20 kg|
|Mesh Size||40 mesh|
|Shelf Life||6 months|
Aluflux 02 is a range of fluxes for modifying the micro structure of Aluminum alloys containing Silicon. Normally when Al-Si alloys solidify, the silicon gets crystallized in the form of needles, and structure is termed acicular. This reduces mechanical properties of the alloy. When Aluflux 02 is added, it modifies the structure by improving the mechanical properties.Grades:
- Aluflux 02 A: Recommended for treatment temperatures less than 730 deg C
- Aluflux 02 B: Recommended for temperatures between 730 - 760 deg C
- Aluflux 02 C: Recommended for temperatures above 760 deg C
How to use:
- Modification of the molten Aluminum alloy is normally the last operation after melting, degassing and grain refinement.
- Depending upon the pouring temperature, the correct grade of Aluflux 02 is selected, and added at the top of the molten alloy.
- After 2-3 minutes, the flux becomes molten and reddish in color and it has to be rabbled/mixed with the molten metal.
- During this stage, the Sodium in the flux gets alloyed into the metal and modifies the shape of the primary Silicon from needle like to cuboids.
- Recommended addition rate is 3% for Aluflux 02 A 1.5% for Aluflux 02 B and 2% for Aluflux 02 C, by the weight of the molten metal.